Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fasten your seatbeats

Hope lives is spreading like fire through DCCC. It's incredible. Over one night, our class came up with over 200 cans... I'm loving it. Now it's moved to the deans and moving everywhere.

I find myself on the verge of being the kind of person I want to be but just short of it.

For the last two days I have went to school in a tuxedo. (and other places for that matter). It's crazy how different your world is when you stand out. I walked through the halls and usually I say hey to everyone but this time everyone was saying hey to me. All of the compliments made me feel good. Realizing what just happened made me feel like crap.
My mentality was different when I looked good, I walked with my head high, I talked more confidently, it was all about me...

It was beginning to get to me.

After my internship (which I'll come back to), I went to the tux shop, to get compliments and possibly another tux... It feels good to be "checked out" I don't get that much... but I don't like it when I think about it...

I drove past three people who I assume were homeless... three times I passed right someone... I remember one of my excuses for not thinking about was I shouldn't get the tux wet.
I didn't go to the shelter because I didn't want to go there all snoody in a tux.

I am having trouble focusing on priorities...

I did have a good discussion with my teacher who came and visited me on my intern site (the church) and we had some really good discussions about life and class and family and faith and it was pretty awesome.

I went and visited my friend Jacob who works at subway, he was seriously busy with customers...

It rained pretty hard on the way home. As I was coming to my house, I was driving out of the storm and the sky was blue right above me and black behind me. As I pulled into my driveway there in my yard there is one flower. All by itself. Just blooming there right after the storm. I've got this feeling deep down. It's kind of like that flower blooming. I feel something good growing.

My soul craves.

No comments: