Sunday, September 7, 2008

Learn to breathe.

"So if the world hates us, we take courage that it hated Jesus first. If you're wondering whether you'll be safe, just look at what they did to Jesus and those who followed Him. There are safer ways to live than by being a Christian. And there are cooler ways to live than by trying to follow the gospel. But look on the bright side, if you end up in jail, historically, you will be in very good company. Jail has always been an important place for Christians. In eras of injustice, it becomes the Christian's home. So live real good, and get beat up real bad. Dance until they kill you, and then we'll dance some more. That's how this thing seems to work."
- Shane Claiborne, The Irresistible Revolution

I don't know what to do, I really don't have much of a plan.
You could say I've just gotten hyped up emotionally...
I might have...
But I'll tell you that I want to take action. That I'm looking for the next step.
That I'm taking steps now.
That even though I can't spell out this revolution inside of me... it is and is going to be amazing.
I'm tired of just being a believer, I'm ready to be a convert in the truest sense...
I want to believe so much in a new world, a better world, that I cannot help but begin enacting it now...
I want to do something... I am doing something...
I just feel lost sometimes...
but the music still plays and I'm ready to get back on my feet and dance somemore...
I'd love to know what it's like if you all join me...
I am willing to get beat up...
I'm willing to give in for something more...
I'll dance till they kill me and then dance somemore...
and if I fall... please pick me back up...

1 comment:

Only Servants Ministries said...

That is one of my all time favorite books. It got me fired up for missions... it was a big part of why I began this journey. However- I DID NOT and DO NOT agree with EVERYTHING he wrote about. He is radical in his thinking and I love that about him. He's not scared either. However, the bible tells us we are to submit to our authorities. He fails to do that at times. Remember it's good to disagree sometimes...

I took so much from that book, but the biggest thing was gaining more and more knowledge and respect of Mother Theresa. I encourage you to do some research and learn about her. What an amazingly humble life she lived. Then I got the unreal opportunity to see her tomb and her life story during my month in India last year .

We love you David and want you to use your passion for HIS GLORY... but be smart about it.

Miss you
- Lindy